Before all you Bengaluru residents kill me for the article heading, read on! I can’t assure you relief from traffic but seriously – I feel for you!
1. You needn’t go anywhere to learn how to be patient. Half your life will be spent in traffic and that’s how you learn it!
P.S : On second thoughts you might even end up becoming A patient.
2. You might know all the languages in the world and may also know how to speak it in the most refined manner. However the traffic in Bangalore will teach you something else. The language called- !@#$%*&^%! (censored for obvious reasons!)
3. Google maps is no longer your best friend. You learn that the time taken is actually inversely proportional to what is shown. Also you would prefer to take some other route that you discovered.
4. All your plans of saving to buy that latest phone, laptop, dslr have been dropped. Now all you want is a helicopter! Where can one find one?!
5. You become buddies with the traffic cops. Honestly speaking these people have horrible traffic management skills. Can’t blame them. They have just given up and are least bothered about what’s going on. So all you have to do is wait in between the traffic and strike a conversation with them. Two bored people trying to get some sort of entertainment!
6. You learn to play mind games. For instance you would’ve lost hopes of reaching your work place but then eventually you have to right? So as the saying goes, if you can’t beat them, join them! Finally you will begin to picturise yourself reaching your office well on time without getting a headache and leaving office when required and reaching home , having enough time for yourself and....ok I think we should stop here. Building castles in the air! Aren’t we?
7. You know all the FM radio ads by- heart. It’s always ringing in your head. Even after reaching home you catch yourself mumbling the annoying ad!
Oh boy! Bengaluru is no longer a place. It’s a lifetime experience!