A foodie is someone who goes beyond just putting food into his or her mouth. Foodies don’t judge people based on their eating habits, simply because they are too concerned about their own food to even care. Technically speaking a foodie is someone who breathes, relishes, feels, celebrates and then eats food. That’s the difference between a foodie and someone who just likes to eat. The same difference between someone who owns a DSLR and someone who actually has a sense of photography.
As for me, when I see food, I go eeeeeeee!
So the next time you think you’ve spotted a foodie and sincerely wondering which category he or she may fall in, this checklist might help.
- · Menu cards are souvenirs for them.
- · Their eyes light up if someone recommends a dish they find worthy of having.
- · While others are ready to gulp down the first thing that appears on their plate, foodies analyse the texture, preparation and presentation.
- · They feel compelled to share their knowledge about a certain dish even if they haven’t been asked.
- · They have a dreamy expression while walking through the aisles in supermarkets.
- · They may even indulge in casual conversation with food- “Oh my white chocolaty coconut banoffee pie. It’s been so long since we have met!”
- · Each moment and experience with food is unique and they revel in it.
You needn’t really go elsewhere for food recommendations if you have such a friend.